When you use SAVVVEN, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this along with our privacy overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
Last modified: February 9th, 2020
Effective date: February 9th, 2020
This notice applies to users of SAVVVEN’s services anywhere in the world, including users of SAVVVEN’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how SAVVVEN and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world.
- Users: individuals who request guestlist access or book any other services a nightclub or nightclub promoter might offer including ticket entry or bottle service.
- Promoters: individuals who provide, or submit applications to be a verified nightclub promoter on SAVVVEN, nightlife services individually or through nightclubs.
- Clubs: Entities who offer direct products and services through SAVVVEN
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
Our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us here or through the addresses below with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
B. Data controller and transfer
SAVVVEN, LLC is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of SAVVVEN’s services anywhere else. We process personal data inside and outside of the United States. The personal data of users outside the United States is transferred on the basis of mechanisms approved under applicable laws, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses.
Questions, comments, and complaints about SAVVVEN’s data practices can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
- Data provided by users to SAVVVEN, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services such as app usage, and device data
- Data submitted by users such as photos, chats, or information necessary to complete nightlife service requests.
The following data is collected by or on behalf of SAVVVEN:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their SAVVVEN accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact SAVVVEN customer support, provide ratings or reviews for other users or nightlife partners, or otherwise contact SAVVVEN. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, guestlist details, date and time the service was provided, and any back and forth communication as a result of a nightlife service inquiry.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and SAVVVEN through SAVVVEN’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable promoters and users, to text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, SAVVVEN receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. SAVVVEN may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
3. Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or reviews.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- SAVVVEN account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of SAVVVEN for Business accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- SAVVVEN business partners through which users create or access their SAVVVEN account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use SAVVVEN’s APIs or whose APIs SAVVVEN uses.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
SAVVVEN may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
SAVVVEN collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient access to nightlife services, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications between users
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
SAVVVEN does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
SAVVVEN uses the data it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features. SAVVVEN uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Enable guestlist requests, bottle service inquiries, ticket entry, and other services.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when users submit a review about a promoter, refer a friend to SAVVVEN, add a user to their guestlist or bottle service reservation.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening promoters before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe partners.
- In certain regions, using information derived from driver’s license photos, and other photos submitted to SAVVVEN, for safety and security purposes. This includes an initial request for proof of employment on the promoter for the nightclub they indicate working for.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings and feedback as grounds for deactivating a promoters account for poor ratings and feedback.
3. Customer support. SAVVVEN uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
4. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
5. Enabling communications between users. For example, a promoter may message a user to confirm any change to nightlife service inquires or update new information relevant to the user.
6. Marketing. SAVVVEN may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about SAVVVEN services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by SAVVVEN partners. Although we may send users communications about SAVVVEN partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of SAVVVEN’s services, and user preferences and settings.
7. Non-marketing communications. SAVVVEN may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of SAVVVEN or its partners.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of SAVVVEN’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Click the links in this section for more information about these processes. To object to a deactivation resulting from these processes, please contact SAVVVEN customer support.
C. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of SAVVVEN’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
SAVVVEN may share the data we collect:
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
- User account information with promoters upon submission of nightlife service requests. All the information shared is collected by the user itself. SAVVVEN does not share email or phone information with users, promoters, or clubs.
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
- SAVVVEN business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, SAVVVEN may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or club partners or other SAVVVEN business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as SAVVVEN blogs and SAVVVEN social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With SAVVVEN subsidiaries and affiliates
We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, SAVVVEN processes and stores data in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
5. With SAVVVEN service providers and business partners
SAVVVEN provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators
- Cloud storage providers
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
- Data analytics providers
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with SAVVVEN or on SAVVVEN’s behalf
- Vendors that assist SAVVVEN to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- Club partners and/or their point of sale providers
6. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
SAVVVEN may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect SAVVVEN’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
8. With consent
SAVVVEN may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
F. Data retention and deletion
SAVVVEN retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their SAVVVEN account.
SAVVVEN may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
SAVVVEN retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their SAVVVEN account. For promoters, SAVVVEN also retains any material used to verify employment or background check information (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they maintain their SAVVVEN account.
Users and promoters may request deletion of their account at any time through the email@example.com. Following such requests, SAVVVEN deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. In certain circumstances, SAVVVEN may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, SAVVVEN will delete the account as described above.
SAVVVEN may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if SAVVVEN deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, SAVVVEN may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new SAVVVEN account in the future.
E. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of SAVVVEN’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
a. To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
- User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their trips, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
- Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance SAVVVEN’s services, including connect users and promoters for general nightlife services
- Transaction information
- Information relating to customer support
b. For purposes of the legitimate interests of SAVVVEN or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of SAVVVEN’s apps. We also use usage data to prevent matching of riders and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (for instance, because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users).
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing SAVVVEN’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
c. To fulfill SAVVVEN’s legal obligations
For example, SAVVVEN is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain data about our users’ trips, and to provide copies of such data to the government or other authorities. We collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
SAVVVEN may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
d. With consent
SAVVVEN may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
IV. Choice and transparency
SAVVVEN enables users to access and control the data that SAVVVEN collects, including through:
- In-app settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
SAVVVEN also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that SAVVVEN restrict its processing of user personal data.
A. Privacy settings
Settings menus in the SAVVVEN app for riders give them the ability to set or update their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from SAVVVEN. Information about these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings is described below.
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the SAVVVEN app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the SAVVVEN app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
V. Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the SAVVVEN apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices. After such notice, use of our services by users in countries outside the European Union will be understood as consent to the updates to the extent permitted by law.